Sunday, March 7, 2010

Die Trying

Sort of a gruesome title, no? It's startling if nothing else. Over February break, Johnnie and I went on a cruise along the western coast of Mexico, visiting Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan, Acapulco, Ixtapa and Puerta Vallarta. A great time was had by all (we went by ourselves as we usually do), many fruity beverages were consumed and much sleeping ensued.

As we were finishing a late lunch a
nd consuming a couple tasty Margaritas in Cabo, I spied a t-shirt shop and went to explore. The t-shirts were unique and some had rather ribald sayings on them, all with the theme Die Trying. We bought one for Johnnie that says "Never let the facts get in the way of a good story." And we got one for me that says "Die Trying. Not Watching." It appealed to me because it helps me remember to try things outside my comfort zone. And I like that.
Picture taken at Senor Frog's in Acapulco. My balloon hat says "Man Eater" and Johnnie's says "Sex Machine." 'nuf said.


*********************

If anyone is still out th
ere wondering if I'll ever post again, I'll try to do better. It's been busy and with Erin's trips to Michigan every three weeks to be with her dad and stepmom during his chemo treatments, there has been lots of little girl time on my calendar lately. I'm not complaining but it does tend to keep a girl busy.

Emily (4.5 years, on the right) and Lucy (2.5 years) stayed overnight with us last weekend so Erin and Mike could have a date night. We made a snowman before Lucy went down for her nap on Saturday. We received about 18 inches of white fluffy stuff from Friday to Saturday and, in fact, it continued to come down well into Sunday. The girls had a blast working on the snowman and we thought Grandpa (Banha to Lucy these days) was quite creative in finding potatoes, a carrot and licorice for the mouth. Emily enjoyed eating other licorice sticks as they were finishing up the little guy. Sadly, the temperature remained above freezing and the sculpture toppled rather quickly. The dogs enjoyed the carrot, licorice and potatoes as he melted away.

1 comment:

Jill said...

oh my god her kids are getting so big. she hasn't posted pictures lately! glad you had such fun