Sunday, April 11, 2010

Found

After a year of officially asking the blogosphere to help find my friend from my teenage years, it happened. My friend Bernie (her childhood name was Babe back then) is found! An elementary school classmate of hers was googling her name, looking to connect with people with whom she had gone to grade school. It was a small Catholic school and a small class.

When she googled Bernie's name, my blog popped up. So she left a comment on my blog a week or so ago, we made contact and I renewed my search. In checking out Facebook, I found Bernie's younger sister, Bette who remembered my family and gave me Bernie's email address. I sent an email, Bernie responded and we'll see where it goes from here.

I'm so excited that I have found her after 40 years of wondering where she was, how she was and what she was doing. Can't wait to see how it all turns out and to fill in the blank spaces in our lives. I need to look for some pictures of our teenage years together.

In the meantime, though, just knowing that we're in contact is so cool. The connections and friendships you find through blogs and the Internet are just amazing. Even 20 years ago, finding someone this way just wasn't possible.

Thanks, Margie and Bette -- and those wonderful Google spiders for helping me find Bernie!

1 comment:

Expat No. 3699 said...

Oh, I haven't been here in soooo long. I haven't been to many people's blogs in quite awhile...

Anyhoo, I'm glad you found your friend. The blogoshpere can be an amazing thing. You can meet new people and as you found out, find one from the past!

I hope you and your family are doing well. I plan on making a better effort to start reading blogs again and that means you.