Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The best one

In remembering all the funny/adorable/precious/precocious things that the little girls did over the last few days, I forgot one of the very best.

Emily, Lucy and I were finishing lunch one day and Grandpa called from work. We all talked with him on the speakerphone, informing him of what they were eating - really important, vital things like that.

As he was saying goodbye, he told the girls he loved them. There ensued a yelling contest to tell Grandpa how much they loved him.

Emily: I love you Grandpa!
Lucy: I love you 3 - 8 - 9 Grandpa!
Emily: I love you Oreos, Grandpa! (they were eating Oreos)
Lucy: Grandpa, I love you 3 - 8 - 9 Oatmeal OREOS!

Which, obviously is the last word in love and topped everyone else's attempt to measure their love for Grandpa. Awesome.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Too cute. And way funny because Janna uses numbers to express her love/excitement over things, too. Only she uses "6...and 4". When she tells her Daddy she loves him - "Daddeeeee? I love you. 6....and 4!!" When she measures how big her poops are (which is fairly gross, but since she's on meds to make her poop and she's potty-trained - we allow poop talk) - "Hey! My poops are BIG. They're 6...and 4!!" Awesome!!

A. Nonny Mouse said...

Oatmeal is Lucy's favorite silly word. Anytime she says or does anything that she's excited about, it's oatmeal. No idea why. Probably because she's crazy like that.