Friday, February 11, 2011

Hello, my deer

There's a deep ravine behind and beside our house -- we live on a corner. For living in a suburban area with relatively high density of homes, we have an amazingly private lot. During the summer, we can only see three neighbor's homes. In the cold months when the leaves are off the trees, we can see across the ravine but the homes are 400 to 500 feet away. Still pretty private.

Anyway. On Tuesday morning, I was opening the shades and saw several deer down by the creek that runs through the ravine. We see lots of wildlife down there including wild turkeys, rabbits, foxes, owls and run-of-the-mill animals like squirrels and chipmunks. Luckily we don't seem to have any skunks. So the deer were just awakening and getting up from their overnight slumber behind the house. So I grabbed the camera, opened the bedroom window on the second floor (temps were in the single digits) and tried to get a few shots. The deer heard me and were a bit skittish watching me. I went to the first floor and opened another window where I could get some better shots of them.

This is what I was able to shoot.





Pretty amazing resolution (I don't pretend for a second that it's my expertise) from a point-and-shoot, huh?

No comments: