Saturday, January 24, 2009

Ten Honest Things About Me

Working to fight off the creeping crud that (I think) came from the granddaughters, both of whom have walking pneumonia. Lucy also has an ear infection. I sound as though I have a 4-pack-a-day habit and no energy. I've been with them four out of five days this week so I'm definitely vulnerable. Ah well. Shake it off!

Courtney has tagged me to carry on the Honest Scrap post from Lisha.
Thanks, Courtney - it's my first tag EVER!

Here are the rules:
A) First list 10 honest things about yourself - and make it interesting, even if you have to dig deep!
B) Pass the award on to seven bloggers that you feel embody the spirit of the Honest Scrap.

Here are my entries:

1) I grew up as an only child until I was 12. My father blurted out (during an argument with my mother) that I had a sister. I was ecstatic (about my sister, not about the argument).

2) I sucked my thumb well past puberty. For the record, I don't any more but I still twist my hair when I'm tired.

3) I was the first person in my immediate family to get a college degree.

4) I know very few of my cousins and other relatives, even though we now live within 60 miles of many of them. I'm just not much into extended families, never having grown up around family in that way. We always lived in Michigan and most of the relatives lived in New York state.

5) My previous husbands were seven and 15 years older than me; John is a year and two months younger than I am.

6) I smoked cigarettes from 15 to about 30, started by swiping my dad's Winston's. Cannot stand the stench of cigarettes now.

7) I love to read. If I could, I'd spend hours a day reading books.

8) There are several story/book ideas bouncing around in my head. Some day, maybe I'll even get at least one of them out of there and into the computer.

9) I'm coming to the realization that I'm a procrastinator when it comes to things I don't like or want to do, especially if I perceive that someone is anxious for me to do it. (My father was a procrastinator and was vilified frequently by my mother because of it.) I don't like this trait in myself and will be working to counteract it.

10) Sometimes, I wish we could have a cat but Johnnie is allergic to them.

OK, so for people to tag, hmmmm. I don't know many bloggers yet and Courtney tagged most of the people I would have nominated. So I think I'll let that part of the process slide - sorry.

Now I think I'll go read!

No comments: